At Moab Regional Hospital, we offer a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services to meet the needs of our patients. On surgery day, patients are cared for in one of our three state-of-the art surgical suites or six private same-day-surgery rooms. You will recover in one of our two designated recovery rooms. Our highly skilled operating room team works hard to ensure optimum safety and quality of care for each of our patients throughout the surgical process.
Here are some examples of common surgeries performed right here at Moab Regional Hospital and an overview of some of the warning signs for each of these conditions, information on screenings and procedures, etc.
- Hernia repair
- Possible signs and symptoms of a hernia include:
- Nausea, vomiting, fever, sudden pain that quickly worsens, a hernia bulge that appears red or bruised, lack of bowel movements, or inability to pass gas.
- Possible signs and symptoms of gallbladder issues include:
- Pain in the mid or upper right part of your abdomen, nausea, vomiting, fever, chills, changes in urination or bowel movements, or jaundice.
- Possible signs and symptoms of appendix issues include:
- Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fever, pain in your lower right part of your abdomen or near your belly button, swollen belly, or inability to pass gas.
- Bowel procedures
- Possible signs and symptoms of bowel issues include:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, bloating, pain in your abdomen, or significant changes in bowel movements.
- An annual colonoscopy is recommended beginning at age 50 until age 75.
- Pediatric surgery
- This area of surgery focuses primarily on providing surgical care for any problems or conditions that affect children and require surgical intervention.
- A vasectomy is one of the most effective forms of birth control.
- Tubal ligation
- Tubal ligation is a form of permanent birth control.
- Breast Procedures
- Common surgical breast procedures include:
- Breast reduction, breast augmentation, mastectomy, lumpectomy, breast-conserving surgery, breast lift, surgery for breast abscess, and surgical breast biopsies.
- Skin Cancer Removal
- There are a wide variety of signs and symptoms of possible skin cancer dependent on the type of skin cancer.
If you are experiencing any of the above conditions or are in need of a surgical procedure our skilled surgical team at Moab Regional Hospital has the knowledge and expertise to take care of you. Schedule your appointment by calling 435-719-5550 between 8:00 and 5:00 Monday through Friday.