Providing compassionate and individualized palliative and hospice care, our team would be honored to help you navigate end of life care. Grand County Hospice provides our patients with individualized physical, emotional and spiritual end of life care with an emphasis on pain and symptom management, or palliative care. We know that the decision to enter hospice care is not always easy - our interdisciplinary team of nurses, social workers, chaplains, physicians and volunteers ensures that our patients and their families receive the attentive, holistic care and support they deserve during this time. Our team works diligently to allow our patients to preserve their dignity and maintain their right of self-determination through the end phases of their life.
If you or a loved one is considering hospice care, do not hesitate to call and speak to a member of our team. We will be honored to help you navigate this decision.
Grand County Hospice provides attentive care with a coordinated interdisciplinary team that includes:
- Medical Director
- Registered Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Social Workers
- Trained Volunteers
Hospice may be the right choice if…
Death is likely in 6 months or less, and:
- You are no longer seeking curative disease treatments;
- You experience a major event or advancement in chronic disease course;
- You and your family would like additional care assistance and support.
Grand County Hospice offers a variety of services to you and your loves ones:
- On-call nursing assistance is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Receive care and support in your home or place of residence, including care centers.
- Symptom and pain management as the priority concern of our nurses and staff.
- Social workers can offer psychosocial/emotional support, as well as access to community resources when needed.
- Chaplains are available for spiritual support and additional emotional care.
- Trained, caring volunteers are here to run errands, give support to the caregiver, and offer a listening ear and a hand to hold.
- Bereavement and grief support for family and loved ones is available for 13 months after death.
Cost of Hospice Services
Hospice services related to your terminal illness are fully covered by most health insurance programs, including Medicare and Medicaid.
Payment may be required for certain services unrelated to your terminal diagnosis. Hospice does not cover room and board at long term care facilities, including Canyonlands Care Center.
Hospice Privacy Practices
Grand County Hospice proudly partners with WabiSabi Moab to feature a Hospice Memorial Garden near the front entrance of the hospital. With WabiSabi 'Make a Difference' Grant funds, Grand County Hospice was able to purchase plants to make a beautiful space to honor patients.