With hundreds of bones and joints in your body, it’s important to make sure they’re all functioning well, so you can function at your best! Here is a list of four situations when you should see an orthopedic surgeon:
- You have a hard time performing your daily activities. Bone and joint discomfort can be common, especially as we age. But the pain or discomfort shouldn’t stop you from doing your daily activities. If you’re experiencing stiffness, decreased range of motion, or you are unable to walk up the stairs, it’s time to give our orthopedic surgery team a call.
- You’re at-risk of falling. If you feel unstable while walking or standing or if you feel wobbly while performing your daily activities, this is a sign that something is wrong with your joints. Our team can help diagnose and treat the joint issues you are experiencing.
- You’ve experienced a soft-tissue, joint, or bone injury. Some minor injuries can be treated with ice and elevation, but if the injury hasn’t improved within two days, it’s time to give us a call so we can discover any deeper issues that may be prolonging the injury. If a bone is broken, you should be seen by a doctor as soon as possible. The Urgent Care or Emergency Department physician can work with our orthopedic surgeons to get you the best care possible.
- Your joint pain is not improving. If your joint pain is chronic (lasting longer than three months), it’s time to seek professional help.
Our orthopedic team here at Moab Regional Hospital provides excellent musculoskeletal care to patients of all ages and activity levels. Our orthopedists are experienced in a wide variety of treatments ranging from acute injury to chronic joint problems. We work with patients to establish individualized care plans for their specific orthopedic needs.
Here in Moab, we’re lucky to have exclusive access to a wide range of outdoor activities and recreation. Whether you’re needing orthopedic surgery to recover from a sports injury or to help with chronic joint problems so you can regain your motion and get back out on those red rocks, Moab Regional Hospital has the treatment and care you need close to home.
We care for the following conditions:
- Pain/injury to shoulders, elbows, wrists, hands, fingers, hips, ankles, feet, and knees
- Orthopedic injury (broken bones)
- Congenital disorders
- We provide the following services:
- Reconstructive Surgeries
- Joint replacement for hips, knees and shoulders.
- Hand & Foot Surgeries
- Arthroscopic Surgeries
- Common hand operations, including carpal tunnel surgery.
- *We do NOT provide surgical services for the spine at this time.
Welcome The Newest Addition to Our Orthopedic Team
We’re excited to welcome a new Orthopedic Surgeon to our team! Dr. Kimberly Franke specializes in shoulder replacements, shoulder instability, rotator cuff repair, and fractures but also performs general orthopedic surgery, including knee reconstructions and hip replacements.
Dr. Franke studied with Dr. Mark Frankle during her fellowship, who designed a reverse shoulder arthroplasty and was instrumental in bringing reverse shoulder replacement procedures to the United States. She also studied with Dr. Mark Mighell, who is a nationally recognized shoulder surgeon.
Dr. Franke enjoys outdoor recreational activities, especially mountain biking, canyoneering, and climbing. Her love of these activities translates to her excellence as an orthopedic surgeon and her desire to help those who have been injured get back to doing what they love.